How it all started...
1950: Albert Gordon Widdowson joined W.C Jones one of the largest recycling companies in the U.K and learnt his appenticeship.
1964: Albert Widdowson left W.C Jones to start his own company A.G.W Metal company, operating out 168 Montigue Road Edmonton.
1964: Albert Widdowson bought G.D. Metal Company and opened his first yard operating out of Angel Road Edmonton.
1976: Albert’s son Gary Widdowson joined the company. Gary would eventually take the business to a level that would send shockwaves through the industry.
1987: Purchase of Salts Scrap Metal, Walsall West Midlands.
1989: The opening of Total Waste Management Ltd in Epping Essex
1990: Purchase of C.H.Ford. The largest works contract clearence company in the West Midlands.
1995: Purchase of a new site in Deptford South East London
1997: Purchase of South Sheilds , Tyne & Wear. Largest scrap metal company in the North East.
1998: First Export Facility opened.
1999: Purchase of Enfield Metal trading, North London.
1999: Purchase of Sheppards Metal Company based in Newcastle.
1999: Purchase of F.W. Rookes Metal Company in North London.
2000: 4 Acre dock opened on The River Thames
2001: New Site opens in Deptford, South East London.
2003: Purchase of H.Williams + Sons Hitchin Herts
2005: Queens Award for Industry 2005
2005: Purchase of William Fry & Co West London
2005: Group Name change to Metal and Waste Recycling Ltd to reflect the Nationwide Expansion.
2006: Purchase of Formans Recycling in County Durham
2007: Family Sale of Metal and Waste Recycling Ltd to Barclays Private Equity, retaining Total Waste Management Ltd to be operated by the family.
2008: Total Waste Management Ltd made an Aquistion of Gillett Recycling in Harlow.
2014: Total Waste Management Ltd purchase new 4 Acre ‘state of the art’ recycling facility in Basildon, Essex.
2014: Purchase of Hammel Fragmentiser. Installed at new Head Office in Basildon, Essex.
2014: Purchase of Bonfiglioli Baler installed at our Thornwood Common Site in Epping, Essex.
2015: Export Facility in place at Basildon.